School of Business
PGDM (GM) - Admission Procedure
The PGDM (General Management) is one of the three flagship courses offered by XLRI. This full-time residential programme, recognized by AICTE is equivalent to PG Diploma in Management (General), aims at re-engineeging the skills of practicing managers and executives with substantial industrial experience.
Eligibility : Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university in India/abroad with at least 5 years of managerial/supervisory experience by March 31, 2014. PGDM (GMP) candidate may choose to apply through XAT 2014 or GMAT score (taken during December 1, 2011 to December 20, 2013).
PGDM (GMP) Interviews will take place during 2 - 8, February 2014
Stage 1: Applying through GMAT/XAT
Prerequisites for GMAT Applicants :
All GMAT applicants must take their GMAT between December 01, 2011 and December 20, 2013 and they also need to pay a fee of Rs 1050.00 through cash/online/demand draft/banker's cheque (US$ 50 for NRI applicants) in favor of " XLRI Programmes" payable at Jamshedpur.
Download the XLRI confirmation page and send the duly filled in form only in the case of Cash and Demand Draft.
Send the form to following address latest by: December 26, 2013
Admissions Office, XLRI,
Circuit House Area (East),
Jamshedpur - 831001,
Stage 2: Shortlist of Candidates
- The names of the GMAT candidates will be shortlisted by 10th of January 2014 (tentative).
- The names of the XAT candidates will be shortlisted by January 25, 2014 (tentative).
Stage 3: Interview Process
- The interviews for GMAT and XAT candidates will be conducted between February 2-8, 2014 (Tentative) in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai and Jamshedpur only.
- Interviews can be conducted over G-talk / Skype for overseas candidates. Candidate needs to get in touch with the admissions office for scheduling the interview online.
Stage 4: Result Announcement
- The results will be announced via email along with an offer letter for XLRI-PGDM (GMP) by February 28, 2014.
Fees and other charges for 15-month PGDM (General Management) will be approximately Rs. 15,00,000/- (or equivalent in $ US) for the academic year 2014 - 2015. Food, electricity and other personal expenses would be charged extra depending on the type of accommodation preferred by the student. Fee may change next session based on the recommendation of Fee Fixation Committee.
Candidate will have to complete the following two steps :
Step 1 :
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) Registration
To get admission to XLRI, candidates have to appear for XAT 2014.
XAT Registration : By paying online/cash/demand draft, visit xatonline.net.in
Xat Registration Fee
Rs. 950/- for General Candidates
Rs. 650/- for SC/ST Candidates
- To get admission to XLRI, candidates have to appear for XAT 2014
- To register for XAT, candidates have to fill the XAT Form that is available online at www.xatonline.net.in. Once the candidate logs on to this site, a full set of instructions will appear. The candidate can obtain his/her ID and password by following these instructions. This ID and password are to be indicate for all the future correspondence with the XAT office, Jamsghedpur.
XAT is conducted by XLRI on behalf of the Xavier Association of Management Institutes in 44 cities across the country and 2 overseas centres
Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dubai, Goa, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Kathmandu, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Surat, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam.
International Centres : Dubai and Kathmandu
Step 2 :
XLRI Academic Programme Registration
Visit www.xlri.edu and register for the programme(s) of your choice by paying online/cash/demand draft.
XLRI Registraiton Fee
- General candidates
For one programme : Rs. 1050/-
two programmes : Rs. 1650/-*
- SC/ST candidates
For one programme : Rs. 750/-
two programmes : Rs. 1200/-*
|NRI candidates through GMAT
(eligible for all programmes)
|For one programme : $50 or Rs. 3000/-|
|Two and more programmes : $75 or Rs. 4500/-|
*Candidates choosing more than two programmes will have to pay for Rs. 200/- for every additional programme.
Important Dates :
|XAT Registration begins||:||August 12, 2013|
|XAT Registration ends||:||November 22, 2013|
|XLRI Registration begins||:||September 02, 2013|
|XLRI Registration ends||:||December 21, 2013|
Application to XLRI
The application form to apply for XLRI is available only online at www.xlri.edu from September 2, 2013. The candidate has to first register for XAT and use XAT ID and password to apply to XLRI. Once the candidate logs on this site, a full set of instructions will appear guiding the candidates to register for admission to XLRI.
- School of Business
- School of Human Resources & IR
- School of Advanced Management
- Fellow Programme
- Virtual Interactive Learning
- Executive Education