As part of the continuous endeavor to improve our pedagogy, XLRI periodically seeks inputs from leading industry experts across all domains in India. To further streamline this process, we are in the process of forming Industry Advisory Councils for each area taught at XLRI.
The Industry Advisory Council is a body of prominent industry experts and XLRI faculty members. This council has been formed with the objective of increasing interaction between the industry leaders and faculty. The broad expectations from the advisory council are:
- Discussing current best practices of the industry.
- Sharing inputs from industry experience to help update the course curriculum and pedagogy.
- Identifying industry experts who are suited to complement classroom sessions in specific courses.
- Conducting interactions with students and generating solutions to help students connect theory with practice.
- Jointly identifying projects to work on which are beneficial for all parties.
- Designing live projects and summer internships for students.
The inaugural meeting of the Industry Advisory Council was focused on the operations area and was held from May 11th to 13th, 2018. The council is supervised by XLRI’s Career Services & Industry-Institute Interaction Committee, which is chaired by Prof. Rajiv Misra.
The industry members of the advisory council (in no particular order) are:
- Mr Alok Banerjee - CEO, Zuari (CA by profession)
- Mr Prabhakar Bisen - Sr VP, Cognizant Technology Solutions (previous experience in Tata Motors)
- Mr Joy Chakraborty - COO, Hinduja Hospital
- Mr Akshay Khullar - Chief, LD2 and Slab Casters, Tata Steel
- Mr Vadiraj Kulkarni - COO, Paperboards and Specialty Papers Division, ITC
- Mr S Guha - Ex VP, ITC Operations
- Mr Abhay Ghate - CTO, Nihilent Technologies Pune