Historically, educational institutions of repute have always given due importance to holistic branding, which in turn helped enhance their reputation and standing as institution brands trusted by stakeholders. At XLRI, for over 60 years we have diligently strived to uphold and enhance our reputation and standing with a view to attract talented students, accomplished faculty & professionals and also reputed organizations for placements and life-long executive education.
Evolution of XLRI logo
The original logo of XLRI was developed in early 1950s by the founding Fathers. In 2004 slight modifications were made on the logo to include the year of founding - 1949 and also the guiding
motto of XLRI-Excellence & Integrity.
The Modernized Brand Identity of XLRI
The new brand identity developed in 2012 is a modern and stylized representation of the traditional XLRI logo. The updated Brand Identity of XLRI (Brand Identity is the visual representation of the XLRI brand, the tangible elements that make XLRI Brand recognizable and reinforce our core values and heritage) consists of two primary logos and a tagline :-
- 1The Horizontal Name Logo:The refined Name logo has a forward-looking naming architecture. XLRI is written in a bold and stylized font with a green pointer on the alphabet "I" to connote clear focus and direction. "Jamshedpur" has been omitted from the new naming architecture with a view to allow greater freedom for the brand to grow nationally and globally. The refined category descriptor "Xavier School of Management" seeks to underscore XLRI's standing as a more inclusive management education institution whilst retaining the name of the patron saint - Saint Xavier.
- 2Tagline:The tagline - "For the Greater Good" is a reminder of why we exist and how XLRI can be a force for greater common good in shaping the management education sector and the community at large.
- 3Shield Logo:The Shield logo has multiple elements - primarily retained from the traditional XLRI logo.
- The Cross:The emblem of the Cross signifies the 'Jesuit Heritage' of XLRI and exemplifies all the heroic virtues that motivate an individual to become a "Heroic Leader" in his or her specific vocation.
- The keys:Traditionally the keys symbolize "keys to heaven". However, in a secular context the keys symbolize knowledge and attaining wisdom. Furthering knowledge and learning is also the
primary mission of the Jesuit order.
- Year 1949:The year 1949 indicates the year of founding of XLRI. XLRI is India's oldest management school.
- Excellence & Integrity: Excellence with Integrity is the essence of the Jesuit spirit of
Magis (Ever Greater) and is the guiding motto of XLRI.