POSTGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN BUSINESS ANALYTICS (PGCBA)
With the advent of information technology, availability of data is no longer a problem. Business Analytics is about working with such unstructured data to converting it into a meaningful interpretation which helps in making better management decisions. In order to cater to the needs of the current market, XLRI has launched a new certification program.
XLRI's Post Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is a 1-year program which provides the perfect base for professionals to master the art of analytics. The program focuses on providing an in depth knowledge of business analysis techniques and frameworks and their application in business decisions. The scope of business analytics can be broken into three main areas; Descriptive analytics, Predictive analytics and Prescriptive analytics. In a nutshell, it is the simultaneous application of statistics, computer programming and operations research to achieve the required outcome.
This programme is specifically designed
- To help analytics professionals gain in-depth knowledge in various areas of analytics and gain managerial insights through data analysis.
- To transform analytics professionals into an exceptional, cross-functional leader who integrates all disciplines to achieve the organisationâ€™s strategic goals with help of advanced analytics.
- To help face challenges and complexities in analytics field, thereby equipping those working in analytics field with the necessary skill-sets to adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Mathematics or Statistics as a subject in Class XII or Graduation with at least 50% marks.
- For Indian Participants - Bachelors in Engineering (10+2+4) or Graduates in Computers, Science, Commerce or Business (10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government).
- For International Participants - Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of analytics.
- Formal education in and knowledge of at-least 1 programming language.
Once the admission process is open candidates need to apply online with all relevant details as mentioned in the application form along with the application money. The shortlisted candidate will be called for interview & the final selection will be done based on the performance in interview, academic qualification, and work experience etc. XLRI reserves the right of final selection.
On Campus Component 1 + Initial online sessions
- Introduction to R and Excel
- Introduction to Python
Data Visualization and Descriptive Statistics
- Various graphs, charts and basic statistical techniques including data properties (moments)
- Hypothesis Testing
- Discriminant Analysis
- Factor Analysis
- Principal Component Analysis etc.
Regression Techniques and Forecasting
- Linear Regression Model
- Discrete Choice Models
- Logistic Regression
- Multinomial Logistic Regression
- Probit Regression/Demand Management and Forecasting
- Time Series Models [ARIMA, ARCH, GARCH] etc.
- Data Analytics Life Cycle
- Anomaly Detection
- Association Rule Learning (Dependency Modelling)
- Meta Analytics
- Neural Networks
- Multilayer Perceptron (MLP)
- Support Vector Machines (SVM)
- Nearest Neighbour Algorithm (KNN)
- k-nearest Neighbours
- Introduction to Artificial intelligence and Deep learning
- Information Retrieval
- Lexical Analysis
- Pattern Recognition
- Information Extraction
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Basics of Electives
- Self-paced Learning Modules
Electives Analytics (As per Elective of Choice Listed Below)
- Operations and SCM
Prescriptive Analytics using Optimization and Simulation
- LP Simplex
- GRG and Evolutionary using Excel Solver
Digital Media Analytics
- Social Media, App and Other Digital Media
On Campus Component 2
- Communication and Reporting
- Big Data Analysis
- Data Management in Big Data Era
- Concept of Hadoop
- Data Stream Analytics
- Recommender System etc.
- Ethical issues in Data Analytics
3-Month Capstone Project
COURSE PEDAGOGY :
- An intensive program useful from a corporate management view point
- 11 days of intensive learning at XLRI campus (Once at the beginning of the program for 5 days and once towards the end for 6 days)
- Lecture using Excel, R, Python
- Caselets /Group work /Assignments
The participants are expected to stay in the campus for 11 days of rigorous campus learning, once at the beginning of the program for 5 days and once towards the end for 6 days. The exact date and schedule will be announced to the participants in advance so that they can arrange for their leaves from their respective organizations. During the period of their stay on campus participants need to participate in intensive classroom and group learning sessions.
- Certifications by XLRI to successful candidates at the time of graduation ceremony in XLRI campus.
- Most up-to-date and rigorous program content in terms of theories and applications.
- Group of experienced and competent faculty and industry experts in the field of analytics.
- Huge alumni base (More than 7000 alumni from various virtual interactive learning programs).
- Alumni status by XLRI for successful candidate.
- Separate specialization certificate would be awarded for candidate successfully completing their respective specialization.
- Professionals employed in the areas Big Data, IT Services, Marketing, eCommerce, Research etc. who want to learn contemporary, critical and implementable aspects of business analytics.
- Business Analysts who would like to gain in-depth knowledge of concepts, tools and techniques related to data management and analysis.
- Functional Managers, Business Leaders and Project Managers responsible to handle large and complex databases with a need to excel in function specific analytics.
- Working executives with analytical aptitude but who have little or no formal education in Business Analytics, but who now feel the need to embrace technologies which will help them generate insights from data.
Application processes and Course fee
Once the admission process is open candidates need to apply online with all relevant details as mentioned in the application form along with the application money. The Total course fee is of Rs. 2,70,000/- which can be paid in installments plus GST as applicable. The course fee is inclusive of books, study materials and the Campus Component fee of Rs. 50,000/-.
Click here for Admissions & Other details