The new XLRI | Delhi-NCR Campus is spread over an area of 36 acres, and as of now has 12 LH, 2 seminar halls, 204 hostel rooms for girls and 286 for boys. In addition a three floored library, Computer/Language Lab and AV Conference Room are also a part of the Campus.
Besides, the campus also has a large spacious cafeteria and common rooms for students. Two large auditoriums and an open-air theatre is under construction. The infrastructure of this campus has also been designed to facilitate the physically challenged.
- The campus has been designed to promote eco-friendly transport and living.
- Cycle tracks connect all buildings and cycle stands are proposed in front of all buildings.
- The highest standards of safety and universal accessibility have been planned.
- The orientation of the buildings have been planned using detailed sun studies and use of concepts of solar passive architecture.
- Many of the areas that receive harsher sunlight have a second skin in the form of ventilated cladding.
- The project has been designed to be able to achieve a possible platinum rating from IGBC in the future. A gold rating at the very outset is almost ensured.
Building systems are proposed to be as eco-friendly and climate conscious as possible. Buildings and surroundings are proposed to be designed using IGBC Guidelines with an integrated way of green buildings incorporating:
- Site planning
- Building envelope design
- Building system design HVAC (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning), lighting, electrical, and water heating.
- Integration of renewable energy sources
- Water and waste management
- Selection of ecologically sustainable materials.
- Indoor environment quality (Maintains indoor thermal and visual comfort and air quality)
- Landscape of two distinct types
- Formal landscape to interact with and enhance utility of adjacent building.
- Formal landscape to have specific utility features like O.A.T., spill-out, canteen seating, meeting areas etc.
- Informal landscape to act as buffers between buildings and other functions and be easy to maintain.